I completely and totally have a holiday baking supplies addiction.
Especially when they go on clearance AFTER Christmas.
I mean, what’s not to love about 25-cent sugar decorations, 50-cent food gift bags, cupcake liners, cookie topper, sprinkles, and more?? That 75% off rack just calls to me!
My husband doesn’t mind too much, since I’m pretty organized with my baking supplies. In the case of Christmas baking, I throw all of my clearance finds in in a small plastic tote, and then store them in the downstairs pantry until the next Christmas. This helps me stay organized and on budget. (Down there I also have storage for Birthday Baking/Decorating, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and more. Yes, I may have a problem….)
Last year, though I stumbled upon some super cute gift bags and even though I didn’t have a use in mind for them then, I now know exactly what I’m going to do with them: use them to put sugared pecans in and give as gifts!
I mean YUM!
We’re working with a fairly strict Christmas budget this year, but not only are these super easy to make in the slow cooker, they’re the perfect gift to give to stay on budget!
I do have some serious favorites when it comes to ingredients and products that I cook with, so to give you an idea, here are some quick links of the foods and items I use. These are affiliate links, so if you click on them and buy something, I may make a small commission. This helps these recipes stay free, and there is no cost to you!
Where to buy supplies
- 1 lb Pecan Halves
- ½ cup Organic Butter, melted
- ½ cup Gentle Sweet (or like xylitol/stevia sweetener)
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Allspice
- Place a crockpot liner in the slow cooker. In the bottom, place the pecans, then drizzle with the melted butter and stir until every pecan is coated.
- Add the Gentle Sweet and spices and stir thoroughly.
- Set the crockpot to low and let it cook for 3 hours, uncovered, stirring every now and then.
- Place parchment paper on the bottom of a jelly roll pan, then spread the nuts evenly on the pan and let them cool.
- Store in an airtight container, or package in bags to give as gifts.