Ya'll, I cannot even believe that June is here. As I'm writing this, it's June 2nd and if we keep going at this rate, the summer will be gone before we know it!
For those of you that don't yet know it, I work from home, as while this has tons of advantages year-round, the time I notice it the most is when summer rolls around. Compared to my traditional office-space friends, my summer tan is right on point, because I mostly sit outside and work.
At least as long as my laptop battery holds out.
For the first time in my life, I have a patio set, one that my husband so kindly bought for me, complete with an umbrella and everything. I put my feet up, keep my computer in the shade, and enjoy the great outdoors!
It's wonderful 🙂
During the winter, I tend to gravitate to comfort foods, whereas when the weather turns warmer – or rises to 100 like it s here in St. Louis – I find myself wanting lighter, cold meals that incorporate loads of fresh fruits and vegetables.
So, to stay on budget while still enjoying the best that summer has to offer, I make a concerted effort to eat according to what is in season.
Not only does eating seasonally save money, the produce tastes better because it's in season, and not old, shipped in, or forced to grow when it doesn't want to.
It is also better nutritionally, because it was grown when it was meant to grow. Eating seasonally may sound kind of restrictive, but in reality it's very liberating. You can go crazy on raspberries, popping them like candy, embrace fun new things like apricots & cream ice cream, and explore new roads like Ginger Carrot Radish Slaw.
All told, there are more than 120 different recipes here, all of which are already Trim Healthy Mama Friendly (or very easily modified to be) and all that incorporate seasonal fruits and vegetables. No matter what your likes & dislikes, there is something here for you!
Fruits In Season + Recipes
- Roast Chicken With Apricot Glaze
- Roasted Apricots with Mascarpone and Blackberry Drizzled Honey
- Apricot Bars
- Honey Apricot Frozen Yogurt
- Blackberry Ricotta Pizza with Basil
- Blackberry Paleo Fruit Rollups
- Homemade Blackberry Butter
- Small Batch Blackberry Jam
- Blueberry Buttermilk Ice Cream
- Blueberry Cheesecake Cookies
- Keto Blueberry Cheesecake Squares
- Bluberry Tart with Low Carb Pie Crust
- Oatmeal Cherry Crumble Pie
- Black Forest Overnight Oats
- Sugar-Free Cherry Pie Jam
- Black Forest Cheesecake Mousse
- Pan Roasted Chicken with Figs and Olives
- Grilled Brie Stuffed Figs With Honey
- Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts with Fig Jam
- Fig Pinwheels
- Honeydew Melon and Cucumber Agua Fresca
- Melon Fruit Salad With Honey Lime Dressing
- Chilled Cucumber Melon Soup
- Blackened Salmon With Mango Avocado Salsa
- Paleo Mango Coconut Almond Protein Bars
- Mango Lime Gummies
- Mango Mascarpone Cheesecake
- Sugar-Free Raspberry Cheesecake Truffles
- Raspberry Lemonade Cake
- Paleo White Chocolate Raspberry Bark
- Low Carb Ketogenic Raspberry Cream Fat Bombs
- Strawberry Basil Italian Lemonade
- Paleo Strawberry Mug Cake
- Strawberry Rhubarb Creamsicles
- Neopolitan Fat Bombs
- Paleo Crepes with Strawberry Sauce & Coconut Whipped Cream
Vegetables In Season + Recipes
- Spinach Artichoke Chicken Bombs
- Low Carb Spinach Artichoke Dip Cauliflower Casserole
- Low Carb Artichoke Hummus
- Cauliflower Crust Chicken & Arugula Pizza
- Grilled Proscuitto Peach Salad With Arugula
- BLT Chopped Salad
- Feta & Spinach Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
- Roasted Red Pepper Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Ginger Carrot Radish Slaw
- Roasted Ranch Radishes
- Radish and Cucumber Salad With Garlic-Yogurt Dressing
- Ginger Carrot Radish Salad
- Strawberry Chicken Salad With Strawberry Balsamic Dressing
- Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Spinach Salad With Bacon Dressing
- Husband Approved Easy Zucchini Lasagna
- Thai Chicken Zucchini Noodles with Thai Peanut Sauce
- French Onion Zoodle Bake
Any other seasonal favorites you would like to add to this list?
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosures for more information.