The Best Keto Supplements for a Ketogenic Diet
The Ketogenic Diet has been proven time and time again to help with medical conditions such as:
- Alzheimer’s Disease: Research is increasingly linking sugar with Alzheimer’s, and a Ketogenic diet can reduce the symptoms of this disease and slow down it’s progression. (source)
- Parkinson’s Disease: One study found a Ketogenic Diet can help the symptoms of this disease. (source)
- Polycistic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS): The Ketogenic Diet can help reduce insulin levels. Elevated insulin levels are associated with PCOS. (source)
- Insulin Resistance/Diabetes: A Ketogenic Diet is designed to not produce an insulin response in the body, resulting in lower insulin levels in the blood, helping to control these diseases.
- Acne: Studies have been linking sugar and insulin levels to acne, and a Ketogenic Diet has virtually no sugar. (source)
- Cancer: The Ketogenic Diet is currently being used to treat some types of cancer and to slow tumor’s growth. (source)
- Heart Disease: Eating more fat on Keto improves risk factors for heart disease such as body fat percentages, blood pressure, blood sugar, and HDL Levels. (source)
As time goes on, however, staying in Ketosis can get more difficult than it was in the beginning. You still want to reap the benefits of being in Ketosis, but staying in it can get tough.
Sure, if you eat 100% perfectly and never, ever have anything go wrong or unplanned in your life.
But that’s not me.
And I’m going to guess that’s not you either. (Sorry, I love you but the truth sometimes hurts)
If you’re needing a little bit of help, Keto supplements can be a good avenue to explore.
Unfortunately, there are some companies out there that promise their supplements will “keep you in ketosis – no matter what you eat.”
That sounds really good, doesn’t it?
Those claims are just false.
Let me say it again: That is a lie.
Ketogenic supplements only work if you’re sticking to a ketogenic diet, including eating lots of healthy fats, consuming enough protein, keeping your carbs low, and tracking your macros when you plateau. This is all standard to a Ketogenic Diet, as you will read in my post Keto 101.
Just like any other supplement, the best Ketogenic supplements are designed to meet your body’s needs. For example, your body needs a steady supply of healthy fats to fuel it.
And while you can definitely eat enough healthy fats through your diet, consistently eating enough fats, can be really hard.
I know I’ve struggled with this personally.
I eat really well during the week, but on the weekends I tend to eat out more.
I always make sure to stick with a Ketogenic foods, but the fats I eat are often not as healthy coming from restaurants as they are coming from my own home.
So, I take a few Keto supplements to make sure that I’m consistently fueling my body with healthy fats.
Related: Check out my Keto Recipe Index