Last week, my husband I completed a Fuel Cycle to help boost our metabolisms, stop feeling so sluggish, and jumpstart our fat-burning potential.
And we did really great eating like we were supposed to until it came to the Fuel Pull Days.
In case you’re not familiar, a Fuel Cycle goes like this:
- Days 1 & 2: Deep S meals
- Days 3 & 4: E meals
- Days 5 & 6: Fuel Pull Meals
- Day 7: Deep S meals
You can read more about a Fuel Cycle here if you are interested. (post coming soon)
The reason the Fuel Pull Days are so hard is mostly mental. Knowing you can only have protein is a tough thing to wrap your mind around – even though you can eat as much as you want! But that’s the way most things are, aren’t they? Your mind is the toughest obstacle.
But will you?? . . . #fitness #fitspo #fitfam #gymtime #treadmill #gainz #workout #getStrong #getfit #justdoit #youcandoit #bodybuilding #fitspiration #cardio #ripped #gym #geekabs #crossfit #beachbody #exercise #weighttraining #training #shredded #abs #sixpacks #muscle #strong #lift #weights #Getfit
So come the evening of our second full Fuel Pull days we wanted flavor.
And not just any sort of flavor, but big, bold flavor, tons of crunchy vegetables and spice that set our tongues on fire. (ok, not quite that spicy but we were in all-or-nothing mode)
Stir fry seemed to fit the bill perfectly.
Now, Pearl and Serene have a recipe for Fuel Pull Stir Fry in the Trim Healthy Mama cookbook, and it’s delicious, but I’ve made it before and it didn’t have the flavor we were looking for. So I turned to Pinterest looking for another recipe but finding nothing I was very thrilled with, I decided to make my own.
Here’s how you can recreate it for yourself –
Sweet & Spicy Fuel Pull Stir Fry
YOU GUYS….fuel pull stir fry is now a thing, courtesy of my kitchen, and it's packed with flavor! . The deets: -1 broccoli steamer -1 northern vegetable medley steamer -4 grilled chicken breasts -1 chicken bouillon cubes -1 cup water – 1/2 cup no sugar added tomato sauce -4 T Low sodium soy sauce -4 T Rice vinegar -2 tsp Super Sweet -2 T diced Garlic -2 T Xanthan Gum -Dash of Ginger -Cayenne pepper to taste -salt and pepper to taste – 1 package Miracle noodles – Instructions: 1. Combine the chicken bouillon and water, stir to combine. Add in the soy sauce, tomato sauce, rice vinegar, super sweet and garlic, and mix well. 2. Whisk in the Xanthan Gum, then set aside with the whisk still in the bowl. 3. Spray your wok with a quick spray of coconut oil, then dice your chicken breast and get it to heating up in the bottom of the wok with 1/3 of the sauce. Sprinkle with a bit of cayenne, Ginger, salt and pepper. 4. When chicken and sauce is heated through, add the vegetables, another 1/3 of the sauce, as well as another sprinkle of cayenne, Ginger, salt and pepper. 5. Stir well and increase heat a bit to heat the vegetables through. 6. Transfer stir fry to a separate bowl, and prepare your miracle noodles to the bottom of the wok with the last 1/3 of the sauce, and heat until sizzling. 7. Pour the stir fry back in with the noodles, mix and serve! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . #gains #muscle #workout #exercise #fit #fitness #fitspo #weightloss #fitnessfriday #cardio #obesetobeast #fitfam #fattofit #noexcuses #flexfriday #flex #weightlossjourney #bodyrecomposition #fitnessmotivation #thickfit #girlswholift #goals #legendary #health #diet #countingcalories #weightlossmotivation #foodisfuel #trimhealthymama #trimhealthystrong
- 1 bag Steamable Broccoli
- 1 bag Northern Vegetable Blend (green beans, a few carrots slices, peppers)
- 4 Grilled Chicken Breasts
- 1 Chicken Bouillon Cube
- 1 cup Hot Water
- ½ cup No Sugar Added Tomato Sauce
- 4 T Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 4 T Rice Vinegar
- 2 tsp Super Sweet
- 2 T Diced Garlic
- 2 T Xanthan Gum
- Dash of Ginger
- Cayenne Pepper to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 package Miracle Noodles (optional)
- Combine the chicken bouillon and water, stirring until dissolved. Add the in the soy sauce, tomato sauce, rice vinegar, super sweet, and garlic, mixing to combine.
- Whisk in the Xanthan Gum, then set aside the the whisk still in the bowl.
- Spray your wok with a quick spray of coconut oil cooking spray. It's best to keep it quick, as this add fat that you don't want in a Fuel Pull Meal. Dice up the chicken breasts and place in the bottom of the wok to heat through, along with ⅓ of the sauce you just mixed up. Sprinkle the chicken with a bit of cayenne, ginger, salt and pepper, then stir up while over the heat.
- When the chicken and sauce are heated through, add the vegetables, another ⅓ of the sauce, as well as another sprinkle of cayenne, ginger, salt, and pepper.
- Stir well and increase the heat a bit to heat the vegetables through.
- Transfer stir fry to a separate bowl and prepare your miracle noodles in the bottom of the the wok with the final ⅓ of the sauce. Heat until sizzling, then pour the stir fry back in with the noddles, heat and serve!
Give it a try and let me know how you like it!
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosures for more information.