When I'm not gobbling down Vanilla Ice Cream, I usually turn my attention to something even better:
Trim Healthy Mama Chocolate Ice Cream.
There are endless ways to use a basic Chocolate or Vanilla Ice Cream – from adding toppings like Hot Fudge, Caramel Sauce, Peanut Butter, Berries, and more. Or, you could use mix-ins like nuts, brownie pieces, chocolate chips (stevia – sweetened, of course) or even cookie pieces.
But in it's simplest form, Trim Healthy Mama Chocolate Ice Cream is delicious and simple to make.
Because of the full-fat cottage cheese, and whipping cream, my Trim Healthy mama Chocolate Ice Cream falls squarely into an S meal, it sugar free, low carb, and ketogenic. It's cream and delicious – one you'll want to keep on hand and make often!
If you haven't made on-plan ice cream before, there are a couple of hings you need to know:
First, simply because of the ingredients, it tends to freeze harder than regular ice cream. It's similar to the consistency of Halo Top or Enlightened ice cream – but healthier! So, before it's time to eat the ice cream, set it out and wait 5-10 minutes. It will soften a bit, making it just right to eat! Bonus points if you use the Mini Ice Cream tubs I've linked to just before the recipe to get out one serving at time!
Even though it's on plan, this Trim Healthy Mama Chocolate Ice Cream is pretty calorie heavy. What's why I like using the Tovolo Mini Ice Cream tubs. This makes it easy to not over-eat, like we all know can happen when you sit down with an entire container of ice cream and ytour latest Netflix binge.
I do have some favorite products that I use to make my ice cream (trim & healthy, of course!). The links below will help you find those products quickly and easily, while helping support this blog and my family! There is no cost to you – and thank you in advance for using them!
- Pure Stevia Extract
- Vegetable Glycerin
- Ninja Blender – my personal favorite
- Ice Cream Maker – a must for an ice-cream enthusiast
- Tovolo Mini Ice Cream Tubs – the perfect serving size!
Make it today – and let me know how you like it!
Oh, and if you like free Trim Healthy Mama recipes, be sure to sign up for my newsletter! As a thank-you, I'll send you come pretty cool bonuses!
- ½ cup Full Fat Cottage Cheese
- 2 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- ½ cup Whipping Cream
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ - ½ tsp Pure Stevia Extract
- ½ tsp Glucomannan
- 2 T Vegetable Glycerin
- 3 T of Cocoa Powder
- Optional: Add 1 egg for a really full flavor. This will tint the ice cream so it's not white, but I personally LOVE the flavor.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Pour into an ice cream maker, and freeze for 20-25 minutes, or until the ice cream comes together.
- Transfer into a freezer ice cream container to eat when when you're ready!
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosures for more information.