Keto Cinnamon Roll in a Mug
Since starting my Ketogenic Experiment (don’t worry, I’m still on THM, just trying this whole keto thing out for 60 days) one of the things I’ve been missing the most are Cinnamon Rolls.
We went to the mall the other day, and I swear the amazing smell from the Cinnabon stand filled the entire mall – and we were on the opposite end of the mall from the stand!
Maybe going Keto has given me a superhuman sense of smell, or maybe I just wanted what I could’t have, but when we came home I was a woman on a mission:
I was going to create a Keto Cinnamon Roll in a Mug.
Now, I had the basics from my time spent creating some of the amazing mug muffins from the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook such as the Volcano Muffin, Strawberry Muffin, and Peach Muffin.
BUT, I wanted my Keto Cinnabon to be higher in fat than most of the Satisfying muffins in the cookbook, more in line with ketogenic macros (60%-75% calories from fat, 15%-30% calories from protein, and 5%-10% calories from carbs or less)
So I experimented, and subjected my poor husband to mug muffin after mug muffin, until I finally landed on the the perfect combo of ingredients+ cooking time!
One note: I prefer recipes a bit sweeter than a lot of people do. So feel free to back the sweetener off a bit if you don’t have a fiery sweet tooth like I do! Also, I am a Cinnamon fanatic, so feel free to cut the Cinnamon in the recipe in half, if you’re not.
My Keto Cinnamon Roll recipe is a THM:S, Ketogenic, Low Carb, Grain Free, and Gluten Free.
It clocks in at:
- 599 calories
- 6 g net carbs
- 57.2 g fat
- 14.4 g protein
Before we get into the recipe, if you are new to Trim Healthy Mama, I highly encourage you to read my Trim Healthy Mama 101 post. This will get you started with Trim Healthy Mama, introduce you to some of the terms I use, and help you enjoy food freedom while keeping confusion to a minimum!
You may also enjoy:
- For the Cinnamon Roll
- 3 T Almond Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (less if desired)
- 1 T Lakanto Classic
- 2 T Melted Butter
- 1 Egg
- For the Icing:
- 1 oz Full-Fat Cream Cheese
- ½ T Lakanto Confectioner's
- For the Butter Glaze
- 1 T Butter, melted
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ T Lakanto Confectioner's
- Melt 2 T of butter in a large mug or small Pyrex dish (like in the pictures above.
- Add in the Almond Flour, Baking Powder, Cinnamon, Truvia, Egg and mix well.
- Microwave on high for 90 second. The mug cinnamon roll will puff up, but don't worry - it won't spill over!
- When the microwave beeps, use a fork to loosen the cinnamon roll (it will have pulled away from the sides, so focus on the bottom) then flip onto a plate.
- Melt the butter for the Butter Glaze, then add the Cinnamon and Truvia to it and mix well. Pour the glaze over the mug cinnamon roll for added sweetness, texture, and moisture.
- In the mug or Pyrex bowl, microwave the cream cheese for 30 seconds on half power, or until you hear the cream cheese start to crackle in the microwave. Add in the ½ T Truvia and mix well, then top the Copycat Cinnabon with this cream cheese "icing"
- Enjoy warm!
Whip this Keto Cinnamon Roll up in less than a minute, microwave it for 90 seconds, and enjoy!