Where Are Trim Healthy Mama Basics The Cheapest?
I've already unveiled my THM Pantry Staples, where I buy them, and how I save money on many THM-approved foods.
This is all great, and hopefully helps you, but one thing that I've been wondering (for myself) is if the places I'm buying my staples are ACTUALLY the cheapest.
I'm a budget girl at heart, so getting the lowest prices on quality ingredients is super important to me.
Related: Trim Healthy Mama 101
After the Pantry Staples post, I realized I needed to take it a step further to help you and me navigate the ups and down of specialty food prices.
I'm going to dig into this in 2 seconds, but I wanted to let you know that there is a printable price list for this at the bottom of this post. Scroll down, enter your email address, and I'll send you the price list. It has prices for up to 4 different stores, plus blanks where you can add prices from 2 more of your own regional/favorite stores.
I did leave seasonal produce off this list since prices vary greatly during different seasons, and because I've found that the cheapest place is Aldi. Without a doubt, their sale prices and their regular prices beat of everywhere else. Here's what I typically buy from Aldi:
- In season berries: raspberries, blackberries, blueberries
- Root vegetables: onions, carrots, red potatoes, radishes
- Leafy Greens: Arugula, spinach, lettuce
- Herbs: Cilantro, Basil, Oregano
- Anything else in season: bananas, celery, cabbage, limes, lemons, oranges, tomatoes, mushrooms, squash, apples, peaches, pears
It's going to become my new best friend!
I've included links to 4 different stores under each item, but I'd be remiss if I didn't tell you about some pretty cool promotion that could save you even more $$$:
The way you shop for healthy groceries is about to change forever, thanks to Thrive Market!
Thrive Market’s mission is simple: make healthy living and organic food accessible to everyone—regardless of where they live or how much they make. How do they do it? By offering organic, wholesome foods and nontoxic home and body care products for less than what you’ll find in traditional retail stores—all delivered straight to your door. Here are just a few of the perks you can enjoy when you join:
- Everyday low prices: Shop trusted brands like Weleda, Spectrum Naturals, Garden of Eatin’, Bob’s Red Mill, Nature’s Path, Eden Foods, Annie’s Homegrown, Earth’s Best, Seventh Generation, Garden of Life, Jason Naturals and many more!
- Find exactly what you need: The site and app make it easy to shop by category and dietary need, like “Paleo,” “vegan,” “raw,” and “gluten-free.”
Shop Thrive Market’s incredible catalog of products, and see how much you can save on everything from Paleo-friendly and gluten-free foods to eco-friendly home goods. Plus, as a new customer, you can enjoy an extra 20% Off your first 3 orders!
Ready to find what makes you Thrive?
Sign up for FREE and save an extra 20% Off your first 3 orders!
(no credit card required)
As a reminder, Amazon's prices are subject to change at any time. I have linked here to the best value, good quality product I've found, and even thought the prices are current as of the most recent update, they could change.
As for Aldi and Sam's Club Prices, I've used those from my local stores here in Southern Illinois. While your local stores may have slightly different prices, usually they are fairly consistent all over the country.
Ready? Here we go!
The Best Places to Find Trim Healthy Mama Basics
- Sam's Club: $12.98 for 3 pounds
- Amazon: $8.26 for 1 pound (or 24.78 for 3 lbs)
- Thrive Market: $8.39 for 1 pound
- iHerb: $12.77 for 1 pound
- Sam's Club: $15.64 for 5 pounds ($3.13/pound)
- Amazon: $11.89 for 4 pounds ($2.38/pound)
- Thrive Market: $3.45 for 1 pound
- iHerb: $11.74 for 3 pounds
- Sam's Club: $6.88 for 4 pounds
- Amazon: $13.90 for 4 pounds
- Thrive Market: $7.49 for 24oz
- iHerb: $7.43 for 1 pound
- Sam's Club: $8.48 for 10 pounds
- Amazon: $16.24 for 10 pounds
- Thrive Market: $3.95 for 32oz
- iHerb: $5.83 for 2 pounds
- Sam's Club: $13.48 for 2 pounds
- Amazon: $21.15 for 2 pounds
- Thrive Market: $17.95 for 16 ounces
- iHerb: $10.79 for 12 ounces
- Sam's Club: $15.48 for 4 pounds
- Amazon: $18.89 for 3 pounds ($25.19 for 4 pounds)
- Thrive Market: $14.99 for 16 ounces
- iHerb: $9.80 for 1 pound
- Sam's Club: $8.27 for 32 ounces
- Amazon: $14.99 for 32 ounces
- Thrive Market: $17.95 for 16 ounces
- iHerb: $9.80 for 12 ounces
- Amazon: $16.99 for 1 pound
- So far, I haven't found that this is available at any other stores.
Pure Stevia Extract
- Amazon: $18.99 for 1 ounce
Defatted Peanut Flour
- Amazon: $8.08 for 16 ounces
- iHerb: $6.99 for 16 ounces
- Amazon: $10.99 for 1.5 pounds
- Oat Fiber: $7.99 for 1 pound
Whole Husk Psyllium Flakes
- Amazon: $12.32 for 12 ounces
- Thrive Market: $7.45 for 12 ounces
- Amazon: $7.99 for 2.8 ounces
- Thrive Market: $9.29 for 8 ounces
- Amazon: $26.99 for 1 pound
- Thrive Market: $9.99 for 8 ounces
- Amazon: $14.95 for 16 ounces
- Thrive Market: $10.45 for 16 ounces
- Amazon:$22.99 for 16 ounces
- Thrive Market: $24.99 for 20 ounces
- Sam's Club: $17.58 for 5 pounds
- Amazon: $16.99 for 5 pounds
- Thrive Market: $5.99 for 13 ounces
- Amazon: $3,49 for 8 ounces
- Thrive Market: $5.95 for 16 ouces
Lily's Chocolate Chips
- Amazon: $9.14 for a 9 ounce bag
- Thrive Market: $6.45 for a 9 ounce bag
- Sam's Club: $7.98 for 4 pounds
- Amazon: $9.01 for 4 pounds
- Thrive Market: $7.95 for 12 ounces – ouch!
Apple Cider Vinegar
- Amazon: $10.65 for 32 ounces
- Thrive Market: $4.99 for 32 ounces
- Amazon: $32.95 for 32 ounces
- Thrive Market: $9.95 for 14 ounces
- Amazon: $30 for 1.8 pounds
- Thrive Market: $29.95 for 30.8 ounces
- Amazon: $3.50 for 198 grams
- Thrive Market: $2.45 for 7 ounces
- Amazon: $3.85 for 20 tea bags
- Thrive Market: $3.49 for 16 bags
- Amazon: $10.92 for 2 ounces
Joseph's Pitas and Flatbreads
- Amazon: $10.95 for a 4-pack
- Walmart: $2.75 for a 4-packs
Natural Peanut Butter
- Amazon: $13.62 for 3, 26 ounce glass jars
- Thrive Market: $4.45 for 16 ounces
- Sam's Club: $15.82 for 16 ounces
- Amazon: $6.68 for 4 ounces
- Thrive Market: $9.99 for 4 ounces
- Sam's Club: $14.98 for 56 ounces
- Amazon: $14.25 for 32 ounces
- Thrive Market: $7.95 for 15 ounces
- Amazon: $8.98 for 16.9 ounces
- Thrive Market: $9.75 for a 16 ounce bottle
Spices (Example spice: cinnamon)
- Sam's Club: $5.67 for 18 ounces
- Amazon: $17.58 for 1 pound (organic)
- Thrive Market: $3.75 for 2.45 ounces
Low Carb Tortillas
- Sam's Club: $4.98 for 20 medium tortillas
- Amazon: $10.09 for 6 medium tortillas
- Sam's Club: $13.48 for 2 pounds
- Amazon: $12.99 for 2 pounds
- Thrive Market: $9.95 for 1 pound
Cottage Cheese (Full-Fat)
- Sam's Club: $5.98 for 5 pounds
- Amazon: $21.45 for 6 pounds
- Sam's Club: $13.98 for 5 pounds
- Aldi: $2.98 for 1 pound
- Sam's Club: $3.68 for 1 quart
- Aldi: $1.99 for 1/2 quart
- Sam's Club: $9.98 for 68 ounces
- Aldi: $3.99 for 32 ounces
- Amazon: $11.18 for 1 loaf
- Aldi: $1.99 for 1 loaf
- Amazon: $1.99 for 15 ounces
- Aldi: $0.79 for 15 ounces
- Thrive Market: $1.95 for 15 ounces (Organic)
- Sam's Club: $5.99 for 10 pounds
- Amazon: $8.95 for 16 ounces
- Thrive Market: $2.79 for 14 ounces (organic)
- Aldi: $1.29 for 24 ounces
- Sam's Club: $5.98 for 32 ounces
- Aldi: $2.49 for 16 ounces
- Sam's Club: $4.98 for 40 ounces
- Aldi: $1.99 for 32 ounces
- Sam's Club: $6.98 for 6, 8 ounce packages, or $1.16 each
- Aldi: $0.95 for 8 ounces
So there you have it, my Best- Priced THM Pantry Staples!
This is the breakdown I've found so far of the best places to buy all of them, so far, but I will add to this list as I discover more favorites, and new places to buy them.
Don't forget to grab your FREE THM Pantry Staple Price Book (with blanks for your own stores and products) by entering your email here: (I'll email it to you instantly)
One last thing: Thrive Market is offering my readers 20% off their first 3 orders, FREE shipping, AND a FREE 30-day trial!
Many (but not all) of my pantry staples have the best price at Thrive Market , so what are you waiting for?
Snag your discount today from Thrive Market at ThriveMarket.com
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosures for more information.
Leave a Reply