I’m the first to admit that I’m a Drive-Thru Sue.
(don’t know what that is? You should definitely check out the Trim Healthy Mama book)
While I see the benefits of being a purist, the fact is that I just don’t have the time it takes to devote to preparing more purist foods.
So it should comes as no surprise that this recipe is quick and easy. It could be “cleaner” but it is on-plan and takes less than 5 minutes to throw together.
Plus, they carry all the ingredients at my favorite store, Aldi (link)!
While this is a great S meal, it’s not suitable for a Fuel Cycle, as it does contain a few “franken-foods” simply for ease of preparation. It contains quite a bit of fat, but they’re not the super fats like coconut oil, so keep that in mind.
But disclaimer aside, this recipe is a family favorite!
Even my 2 year old (now 3 year old, yikes!) asks for this soup, She calls it “chickens and broccolis” and she devours it – which makes this momma really happy!
And the hubs? Well, he’s a fan too 🙂
- 1 pkg pre-cooked chicken strips (16oz)
- 2 cups Shredded Cheese
- 2 cups Chicken Broth (or 2 cups water + 2 chicken bullion cubes)
- 1 pkg Frozen Broccoli
- 4 oz ½ Less Fat Cream Cheese
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- It doesn't get any easier than this! Dump all the ingredients into a slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 hours, stirring occasionally.
- If you're short on time, cook on high for 2-3 hours, making it a point to stir once every hour or so. I like to add a boost of protein and creaminess by adding a dollop of plain greek yogurt!