(Slow Cooker, THM:S, Low Carb, Paleo, Keto, Whole30)
This Slow Cooker Keto Gumbo is not only fast and easy to make, it's delicious! Simply throw all the ingredients – minus the shrimp – in a slow cooker, then add the shrimp and cauliflower rice 20 minutes before serving.
Slow Cooker Keto Gumbo
When my husband asked for Gumbo, I was a bit taken aback.
I love Southern Food, but as someone who doesn't really like seafood, Gumbo is way out of my comfort zone. Still, how hard could it be?
But if there's one thing I DO know, that's using my slow cooker! I had to do my research on this one, let me tell ya, but the end results is a flavorful, slow cooked hearty soup that my husband and all of his co-workers raved about!
Now, traditional Gumbo uses a roux to thicken up the liquid and has okra in it. Unfortunately, making it keto required 86-ing the roux, in favor of my favorite keto thickener: Xanthan Gum. I know, I know, that doesn't make it real Gumbo, but to eat healthfully, sometimes sacrifices must be made!
Gumbo is super easy to make Keto and in the slow cooker. You literally throw all the meats along with the veggies in the slow cooker, then add in the shrimp about 20 minutes before serving.
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Keto Gumbo
Chicken Thighs, boneless and skinless (I used the ones from my ButcherBox)
Frozen Shrimp, deveined, no tails
Sausage, cut into rounds
Bell Pepper, diced
Celery Stalks, diced
Garlic in Olive Oil
Cayenne, Thyme, Oregano, Pepper
Affiliate Links: the following links will take you to some of the tools I used to create this recipe. When you purchase through my link, I get a small commission, at no cost to you, which helps to support the cost of running this site. This means more FREE recipes and resources for you.
- InstantPot (this is the one I have)
- Beef Bone Broth
- Perfect Keto
- The Keto Box
- Xanthan Gum
You May Also Like
- Crockpot Taco Soup (THM:S, Keto, Low Carb)
- InstantPot Cauliflower Soup with Crispy Sausage (Whole30, THM:S, Keto, Low Carb)
- Low Carb Mozzarella-Stuffed Meatballs (THM:S, Keto , Low Carb)
- Spinach, Tomato, and Feta Burgers (THM:S, Keto, Low Carb)
- Slow Cooker Spanish Chicken & Rice (THM:E)
- Quick Crockpot Cheesy Chicken & Broccoli Soup (THM:S, Keto, Low Carb)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Mushroom Stroganoff (THM:S, Keto, Low Carb)
- 3 lbs Chicken Thighs, boneless and skinless (I used the ones from my ButcherBox)
- 1 lb frozen Shrimp, deveined, no tails
- 1 lb Sausage, cut into rounds
- 1 Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Onion, Diced
- 2 Celery Stalks, diced
- 4 T Garlic in Olive Oil
- 6 ounces Tomato Paste
- 15 ounces Diced Tomatoes
- 1 T Cajun Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp each: Cayenne, Thyme, Oregano, Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1-2 cup Chicken Bone Broth
Add all the ingredients except the shrimp in your slow cooker. Stir and mix well.
Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
Add the shrimp 20 minutes before serving.
Keep warm and enjoy!