Whole30 Chicken Soup (Chicken Pot Pie Soup)
Do you have an InstantPot?
If not, you're going to want to run out and get one (I have this one) after you see this recipe, because it is my husband's absolute favorite when it's cold, he's not feeling well, or is stressed.
See to him, Chicken Soup means comfort. It's what his mom gave him when he was sick growing up, and he's kind of adopted it as his “I'm having a bad day” soup.
Related: Visit the Soup Recipe Index
Sometimes our men just need a little pick-me-up, don't they? Even if food is their pick-me up 🙂
Now for me personally, I'm not a big Chicken Soup eater.
But give me Chicken Pot Pie and I'm All. About. It.
So, I put together a Whole30 Chicken Soup that reminds me of Chicken Pot Pie Soup and also Chicken Noodle Soup to make both of us happy.
Sounds weird, no?
It's delicious, I promise.
First, you'll make a faux “cream of” base for the soup.
Throw in carrots, celery, chopped chicken, onion, cauliflower, and spices, then cook it in the InstantPot for just a few minute.
And out comes a delicious, creamy, hearty Whole30 Chicken Soup that will satisfy both Chicken Noodle Soup Lovers and Chicken Pot Pie Lovers.
Plus, I use bone broth for it's health benefits:
Bone broth is SO good for you. Here are a few of the benefits:
- Healing Leaky Gut Syndrome
- Help with food intolerances and allergies
- Improve Joint Health
- Reduce Cellulite’s Appearance & Improve Your Skin
- Boost Your Immune System
- Sleep Better
- Prevent Osteoporosis and Strengthen Bones
- Supplement Your Diet with Protein
Ketologie Bone Broth comes in powdered form, which is super convenient.
If you’ve been looking to add the health benefits of bone broth to your diet, and need a convenient product, then Ketologie Bone Broth is worth having around.
There are zero net carbs in each serving of this delicious bone broth, and it sells for a price that even my frugal self can get on board with.
You can find Ketologie Bone Broth on their website: Ketologie.com
You May Also Like
- Crockpot Taco Soup (THM:S, Keto, Low Carb)
- InstantPot Cauliflower Soup with Crispy Sausage (Whole30, THM:S, Keto, Low Carb)
- Low Carb Mozzarella-Stuffed Meatballs (THM:S, Keto , Low Carb)
- Spinach, Tomato, and Feta Burgers (THM:S, Keto, Low Carb)
- Slow Cooker Spanish Chicken & Rice (THM:E)
- Quick Crockpot Cheesy Chicken & Broccoli Soup (THM:S, Keto, Low Carb)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Mushroom Stroganoff (THM:S, Keto, Low Carb)
Even better, this particular recipe has run the gamut of testing.
The week I perfected this recipe, we had 2 of my husband's Army buddies staying at our house. Not only did they eat firsts, seconds, and thirds, one of them even asked me for the recipe.
So, yeah, it's pretty much bomb.
But, enough tooting my horn! I want to get on to the actual recipe!
Affiliate Links: the following links will take you to some of the tools I used to create this recipe. When you purchase through my link, I get a small commission, at no cost to you, which helps to support the cost of running this site. This means more FREE recipes and resources for you.
Whole30 Chicken Soup
- 1 head Cauliflower + 1/ 2 head Cauliflower
- 3 Carrots, peeled and sliced
- 4 Celery stalks, sliced
- ½ Onion, diced
- 8 Scoops Ketologie Bone Broth Powder + 4 cups Water
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- ½ cup diced Green Onion
- 3 cups diced Chicken Breast
- 1 T Thyme
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- Cook the whole head of cauliflower + the ½ head of cauliflower in your InstantPot on High Manual for 5 minutes.
- Do a quick release, then place the whole head of cauliflower in your blender with the Almond milk. Blend until smooth.
- Take the steamer rack out of your InstantPot, replace the ½ head of steamed cauliflower and pour in the pureed cauliflower mixture.
- Add in the carrots, celery, onion, green onion, chicken, seasonings, and bone broth. Cook an additional 15 minutes on High Manual, then do a quick release and serve!
Looking for more InstantPot or Whole30 recipes? Subscribe to the FMJ newsletter:
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosures for more information.